Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ace: Private Eye (or the Case of the Golden Osprey -- Part Three)

Her words hit me like a ton of bricks dumped in the river. A missing fortune was right up my alley after weeks of tailing cats and getting a bookseller out of a bind ...


Have you ever heard of it?


The Golden Osprey? Are you sure you don't mean the Maltese Falcon?

No, I mean the Golden Osprey -- it's famous, a museum piece that belonged to my late father. It's a bird statue made out of solid gold. My father was so afraid of losing it, he loaned it to a museum, who kept it behind bars --

--only to have a thief steal it one night while the museum was closed.

So what can I do to help?

You see, my father was obsessed with that bird -- for weeks over the theft he brooded in his library all alone. Weeks after his death, I found this in one of his books...

It's a riddle, but I think it's about the location of the stolen bird. I think he knew where it was, but couldn't rescue it. Mr. Ace, if you could help me find it --
Say no more, ma'am -- Detective Ace is on the case.

No comments: